PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Regional Airport Terminal Access
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2016, 02:58
youngmic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Traffic.I.E.W,

And the airport is available to all, however some buildings and infrastructure may not be, at the discretion of the Airport Operator. It's the wonderful world of user pays, and you are not the user. ..oh yes I am!Perhaps a call ahead to check the status of the facilities and maybe ask how much would it cost for the facility to be made available for the use of you and your passengers during your stop?
See here's the thing Traffic, Australia should by all rights be a leading aviation user country, unlike nearly any other country in the world but much like Canada, we are vast, sparsely populated (thankfully) wealthy and with little in the way of roads.

I take it by your presence here you have a positive feel for aviation, you see it as a good thing to do.

Whilst the motorcar has evolved over the decades from a 100 kph device to 100 kph device, the personal aircraft has gone from expensive to relatively cheap, from fuel hungry to economical and from 200kph to 350kph.

It just makes sense to promote its use, and having welcoming terminal facilities is integral. But hey lets just start with trying to balance on our hind legs before we break into a jog, hold the welcoming terminals, just allow access as a starting point.