PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Regional Airport Terminal Access
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2016, 02:26
youngmic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rmcdonal,

As you said previously the government invested money in this infrastructure, to leave it unmanned is a sure way to have it vandalized, particularly considering the remote location of most regional airports.
I would be keen to see any supporting evidence of this, at face value I would disagree. Many country terminals simply install a key code door access and this seems to work just fine, Renmark and Port Pirie to name just two, both have great amenities, both remote, both with snacks and nibbles with a honour tin for payment. They have both been doing it this way for an age so clearly your assumption has yet to deter them.

True, and you can use the airport just the same as every other aircraft and airline.
The whole point of this thread is that you cannot, your statement makes zero sense, sorry.

You pay for the upkeep of the runways and taxiways, not on access to the other facilities.
So you are saying the local shire takes money from landing fees and only allocates that to airside infrastructure, my landing fee does not go into a pot called general revenue from which money is then extracted for shire staff wages etc.. The same shire staff who attend to terminal upkeep.

You sure about that?

Thorn Bird

Our prime minister calls for us to use our innovative and entrepreneurial skills on one hand yet chooses to ignore the fact that his bureaucrats are busily building road blocks in the background stifling any chance that anything innovative would see the light of day.
I think you just nailed it right there.

The upside though is many are now seeing this and trying to redress it. The alternative to reform is becoming a clear and stark outlook.

Why it that Australia endowed with innovative, inventive highly industrious individuals has very little in the way of aeronautical enterprises?
Possibly because folk like rmcdonal walk amongst us and vote?? (Sorry RM but your "you can use the airport like the airlines" earned you that)

Swiftski

Coober Pedy terminal is available to all, with air con, TV, drinking water and free wifi. Can't really complain about that!
I stand corrected, I'll be there soon enough and give it another try.

Last edited by youngmic; 13th Jun 2016 at 02:42.