PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2016, 16:41
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is being built doesn’t quite match the plans. The part of the car park sitting behind the cement delivery machine was supposed to extend to its full width from the third column down but was built out from the 7th column. The lost parking spaces seem to have been recovered as the car park was supposed to be 18 columns long but was built with a 19th row after the fence was shifted.

One can speculate why this was done. Don't forget a station has to be built somewhere! Just one crane on site now as the last of the beams are still being installed.

The airport is being totally physically transformed. So much so that any passenger who comes here next year after missing this year out is just not going to recognize any part of the CTA or terminal frontage apart from the easyjet hangar. The multistory car park dominates the CTA and more so than the terminal as the scale of it can easily be seen from the Ibis roundabout.

I have always considered Luton to be a mid sized airport but even though its physical footprint will remain the same size I think that most people will soon be thinking Luton is actually a large airport. Even now the stream of people walking into and out of the terminal is constant making photograph taking somewhat of a long wait at times as I try to get a gap. The airport reported that 400 coaches a day now travel into or out of the bus station and that excludes the airport shuttle and car park coaches. I can believe it as the bus station is also heaving with passengers as they travel to all parts of the UK.

Last edited by LTNman; 10th Jun 2016 at 17:18.