PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brexit
Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2016, 19:05
Chronus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IcePack
Once upon a time we traded with the commonwealth. The commonwealth was mostly third world. Now lots of those countries are becoming 1st world & maybe overtake us/current 1st world. I know where my future trading options are, in the larger market. For avoidance of doubt not in the EU.
Shock horror low cost Uk, will stop flying to Europe. Ah that means those European low cost will have to stop flying to UK. In my opinion unlikely. Similar to BMW & Audi stopping exports to UK.
Icepack is quite correct. We have been members long enough to know whether it is working for us or not, so far as aviation is concerned. All we need do is look back to the times before and try and see, try and remember, what it was like to be in the job before the EU. Given that the UK joined 43 years ago most who were would no longer be in the job now. But for all these chaps, the job was a good one and it was for life. All the different nations of the world flew their own planes, it was rare that different nationalities crewed a variety of planes registered under all kinds of flags of convenience. The whole thing now resembles the merchant fleets that ply the oceans for their fares, flying flags of convenience, with lowly paid crews from all the four corners of the world. Nobody really knows who they work for and who owns the airfield, let alone the plane they are flying.
If we are all happy and contended with this situation then we stick with it. If not then we go for the change, no matter what unknowns for the future.