PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brexit
Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2016, 16:58
Tinribs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fears

Some of us are worried about they way the EU is planning to proceed, others are angry with the current situation. The position is difficult to reduce to simple English and we are being lied to by almost every commentator with an interest as usual.
For me the issues are accountability, finance , the EU secret future plans. Vast financial irregularities by all the decision makers and most of all the absence of democratic process. I want the MP I vote for both in UK and the EU to be involved in decisions affecting me and my countrymen.
There are many examples of daft acts by EU aparatchics but they are correctable. We get much of our contributions back but the EU decides where the returned cash goes and how it shall be awarded. For example our farmers get subsidies but they can only complete the paperwork on line. Many of the country farmers most needing EU subsidy via farm payments have no home access to Email
Some years ago an EU committee awarded a large sum to the British Virgin Islands Airline but only if they bought a french aircraft.
I would prefer to remain in a reformed EU but I see no prospect of that happening, in particular the right to travel freely to any EU country makes us liable to a large influx of south European citizens with which our infrastructure could not cope

Last edited by Tinribs; 9th Jun 2016 at 17:00. Reason: trying to get a balanced view