PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Qatar Wings
Thread: CTC Qatar Wings
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2016, 21:43
devvo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks sspencer for your reply,

Unfortunately that is what I'm getting from most places. But ah well not a lot I can do about that, apparently in exchange for the long waiting times they accommodate you quite well (have heard this from several newly qualified MPL pilots with QR who have just finished their line training), the pay is basic obviously but will get you by for the time being, housing is nice and possibly a transport allowance? Not sure on that though.

hey , anyone out there please help me with the phase 2 tests (the tasks , what sorts of questions they ask ; basically what they are looking for) , i've already passed phase 1 and will be visiting CTC a month and a half later . Moreover i've read on this forum that the training starts around 2 years after the selection process ? Please help guys .
Kelvin, if I remember rightly the 2nd phase was the "typical questions" phase eg.

"Why do you want to be a pilot and why do you want to work for [airline] ?"

"When have you been part of a team and how did your role benefit everyone involved?"

"What problems could the airline / airline industry face in the future?"

"What qualities do you think make a good pilot?" And so on...

I only had 4 questions to answer, maybe a couple of hundred words each.

Unfortunately I have read and heard the same that, if you were to apply NOW, it is unlikely that you would start training before the end of 2017, more likely the first half of 2018. But it is possible that people drop out (I know some people have dropped out and places have therefore become available) but THIS IS RARE.