PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paying/ Not Paying for TYpe Rating
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2003, 19:58
MorningGlory

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From the Easy Website for their Type Rating Sponsorship Scheme:

"We will require a bond of £23,000 - representing a proportion of the total training costs we will incur, which we will require you have available at the beginning of the training course and be deposited with our training provider. This bond will be transferred to us when we employ you on completion of the training - normally about 2 months after starting training.

Initially therefore you must apply to us in the normal way on this website and undergo our normal selection process. If successful, you will be introduced to a funding facility to obtain an unsecured loan for the bond money required. On employment, we will pay you back this bond over 5 years so that you can, in turn, repay the loan you took to fund that bond.

If you join us under this scheme, you will be on the Type Rating Sponsorship Scheme salary rate for 5 years!!!

RANK (attained within sponsored period) TRRS basic salary (5 yrs)
First Officers £26,789
Senior First Officers £34,023
Captains £59,363

Basic salary if rank attained within the first five years of employment.
Please note that you will receive 90% of your basic salary during the first six months of your employment.

What if I have my own capital or perhaps wish to arrange my own loan to pay this bond?

No problem at all, we will still pay you the sponsored scale of salary for the first five years and also, a monthly repayment of that bond that you gave us initially at the rate of £5000 per year".

Ryanair on the other hand make it a little simpler; you come up with your own money to pay for your own rating after you've been selected, tested, sim checked and interviewed by both the approved TRTO and Ryanair. You do the type course, join the company, and pay your own loan back! The earnings are bit higher than that of easy for a new first officer (basic is lower but sector pay is a lot higher), and there is no bond or restrictions on pay once 6 months of line flying have been completed after line training.

Last edited by MorningGlory; 24th Jul 2003 at 22:15.