PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2016, 14:55
EK77WNCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it's probably a well deserved "obsession" with KEF, it's becoming a huge tourist destination, I still haven't actually met anyone who have said they have no interest in going. Almost everyone has said they definitely want to go (back) and a lot would go if it was more convenient. I reckon whether its EZY on an A319, Wow on an A320, Jet2 on a 733 or Air Iceland on a Dash 8, we're in for a route there in the not too distant future.

I would have said the same about Morocco, but I don't know if the fact it's in North Africa puts some people off at the minute. Even still, Agadir could be a viable Sharm replacement. Why did TOM not go through with it?

Is it confirmed BFS and BRS are going to be operated from those bases? Hopefully schedules won't be detrimentally effected, the opposite maybe? But if that is true that is A LOT of free time EZY will have now, with the frequency reductions where Ryanair are as well, I think 3/4 routes could be feasible, maybe 4/5 if we were to get AMS-NCL-AMS

Interesting question just for fun: "Which of Newcastle's airlines are most likely to get to 4 based aircraft first? Easyjet, Thomson, Thomas cook... Or Ryanair?"

EDIT: Sorry I keep forgetting, we are on A/C 7 for Jet2 this year aren't we?