PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2016, 13:30
AvGeek1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FRatSTN
AvGeek1

You make a good point about certain routes such as MUC which goes 5x weekly from LTN and a daily afternoon from STN. It does raise the question of would it make more sense to consolidate the route at either LTN or STN with 10 or 11 weekly flights with morning / evening rotations?

On what basis though do you envisage EZY switching the likes of Asturias, Bilbao, Ljubljana etc. over to LTN? If EZY believed they could sustain a better return on these routes at LTN then I'm sure they wouldn't hesitate to move them.

This is exactly the sort of thing discussed over on the Stansted thread just yesterday. I think what you meant to say is that it would enhance the route network... from your favorite airport that is LTN.
It has nothing to do with my personal opinion it is evident that Luton has been favoured with easyJet over Stansted, with routes being transferred like Copenhagen. Also many routes for example Munich & Naples have been launched at Luton and reduced frequencies at Stansted.

LTNman as I said I personally know the airport is at overcapacity and it would be bad to add more capacity, but this hasn't stopped them in the past. I was also thinking about the future, when the expansion has nearly been completed and airlines will be able to grow.

Also your example of Mr.Passenger was quite interesting as the airport has had these traffic problems for years it's just gotten worse and it has been voted the UK's worst airport multiple times. But this hasn't stopped passengers numbers significantly rising, exceeding the airports expectations.