PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2016, 18:18
AvGeek1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know when easyJet will announce any plane for W16? I'm hoping for some new routes but with the current state of the airport I think there won't be much growth, maybe just some needed additional frequencies on current services.

I have also noticed some things that easyJet could pick up on to attract more passengers. I know the slots or aircraft might not be available to do these things but it's something they could think about;

Munich - there are currently 5 weekly flights, but they are all in the evening. They could do with having the Monday, Wednesday & Friday flights in the morning better for business travelers and weekend leisure passengers. Then having Thursday & Sunday as evening flights. They could even increase the service to daily.

Rome - same as Munich most flights are in the evening not really beneficial for weekend breaks.

Madrid - there is currently only 1 flight out of 7 per week that offers a morning rotation and this is on a Saturday. Will not attract business travelers or weekend leisure passengers. At least a morning rotation on a Friday & Monday will help. It could have done with going 2 daily, just like Lisbon has done recently. There has been a drop in passengers numbers on the Luton-Madrid-Luton sector compared to previous years.

Also is their any need for easyJet to be operating certain routes out of Stansted still? Why don't they base the aircraft over at Luton in order to switch services like Asturias, Bilbao, Cagliari, Dalaman, Zakynthos, Prague & Ljubljana over to Luton to enhance the route network. Then easyJet could use other based aircraft in Amsterdam, Edinburgh, Glasgow & Belfast to operate to flights to Stansted as these our important sectors.