PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foolish to become a commercial pilot?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2003, 07:39
Bendy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Victa et al

Why are you asking this question at all?? The only person who knows the correct answer to this question is you.

If it is advice or reassurance that you seek then listen to the people who made the decision 20 years ago to get out. The vast majority if them have major regrets about what might have been.

I can only speak from the other perspective. GA for 12 years, regionals for 5 years and then a major for last 4 years. Could not have had more fun with my clothes on and no, it has not been all beer and skittles.

At times my family has paid a price, but that has been a considered decision (by all concerned) and in the end a decision has to be made whether it is better to be satisfied and happy and be around your family a little less, or be miserable and with them every night.

My experience in GA was that it could become what you made it. There are positions that satisfy a requirement to be home every night, be away every night or any point between.

There is an apprenticship to be served in any industry but in the end your qualification make you marketable and you can pursue your desires. Not every avanue is open to all but a healthy and happy living can be made.

All the best in your search

Cheers
Bendy