PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EVA AIR vs EMIRATES vs TURKISH
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2016, 14:17
_HAMMER_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question EVA AIR vs EMIRATES vs TURKISH

Hello guys, I would like just to share with you my thoughts about this airlines which seems the only options out there for a non type rated FO with 2000 jet hours. Please, lets make a comparison and I would love to hear your comments about this airlines for those pilots trying to step up and hopefully find a better job in the industry.

EVA AIR:

Good type, commuting available, just 8 days per month or 16 days x 2 months, 6000 $ salary plus per diem (up to 1000 $) and housing. I like the commuting option, 8 days is not a lot but is probably better than Emirates right now. Salary less than in EK but with the cost of life in Dubai so high, I think one can save the same. What about family life/time at home if choose to move them to Taipei vs Instambul or Dubai?

Emirates:

Money is here, but also cost of living pretty high, which makes me think is just about bigger numbers but not more savings. Most luxurious lifestyle but what about quality of life? Family would probably likes Dubai more than Taipei and a lot more secure than Instambul, specially for women. Also I think Dubai is more open for expat to live there talking about english, schools and expat communities. So, it might be a better option to move there with family but at the same time pointless with those rosters right now, you will never be home anyway.

Turkish:

A lot of negatives comments about security in Instambul, ISIS, single pilot ops, CRM. I think housing is only provided for the first 2 weeks of training, not sure about this. You get pay about 5000 euros which is very good for Turkey but this is paid in local currency Turkish Lira which is falling vs Euro, not good if you plan save a bit of money get your type and move on. No communing option so family will have to move there. However Instambul is a beautiful city and away of the cooking desert. I do like Turkish since I would like to get a nice narrow body type/experience and stay in short haul flying, probably moving to LCC in Europe later. For most people these will make no sense, but I do enjoy the actual flying of short haul vs long haul, and I believe LCC roster are more friendly to family without layovers and sleeping at home every night. Not sure this is the case flying short haul in Turkish, I have read about 15 layovers minimum days off and long days 4 sectors. Is this true for FO??

All comments appreciated. Thank you and have safe flights everyone.