PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Brunei
Thread: Royal Brunei
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2003, 00:37
Wings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greetings from Toulouse where I am presently doing my A 320 type rating. This is the first time in a long time I have logged on to this thread and so much of what I have read here is either stuff I disagree with or know to be wrong.
Airbus personnel here have no knowledge at all about any Airbus 340 acquisition by RBA.
Since NONE of the F.O.s here are eligible for command for a time period that exceeds the length of my standard 3 year contract, why does this "promote the locals and then the expats will be out of a job" suddenly rear its head once again and take on such startling new relevance ?
True, RBA hasn't had a pay rise for more than 10 years that I know of, but sitting at a streetside bar discussing terms and conditions with pilots from numerous other airlines also doing Airbus courses, I come away feeling quitely contented with what I take home each month, my gratuity and the other terms and conditions I have. Fact. When talking take home pay and other conditions, we don't do too bad. Before people decide to argue this point, perhaps they might like to have an answer to the question "why are people who left RBA for greener pastures applying to return ?".
If I sound like a sychophant I can quite comfortably look you in the eye and say I'm not. I have been unemployed. I have worked for other airlines. I have seen remuneration packages offered by other airlines and contracting agencies. I have also had a decent pay packet go into my bank account every month without fail for the entire time I have been with RBA. I am not a sychophant, but I also do not bite the hand that feeds me and feeds me well.