PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - And about time too....
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2003, 20:24
greybeard

Angry

Whale oil beef hooked.

Is sia sniffer the real SIA???, or is this the wind up of the year?

I was an expat with SIA for 10 years, trained or had a hand in training over 400 cadets in 5 yrs on the 31, 30 or so S/Os on the 310, so my vitriolic friend,

I DID MY BIT PROBABLY TO KEEP YOU IN A JOB,

as without some of that effort if you are a Capt , you would not have some of your F/Os, or if you are an F/O, me and many of my compatriates would have greatly contributed to the process.

Racism is a part of Singapore as a whole, we accepted it, lived within its boundaries and as you accuse did mention a few to management who respectfully Bloddy well deserved worse than they got on many occasions.

You and your ilk are in the ranks, in VERY small numbers, usually sulking around giving advice you feel you can as to how it "should" be done and then in some classic cases in my own cockpits, stuff it up grandly when given a go on your own.

Sia and many companies CANNOT EVER be totally "local", the numbers are not there.
Try, if you are game, to take your comments above to Len McCully's office, that is a test of your apparent "manhood" you need to prove you are a man of substance. I suggest you have alternative employment in mind, because that man will deal with you situation in a very direct manner.

I have not always agreed with SIA, or many of my other employers, but in general was treated suitably, firmly and left as you say, a little too old at 59 a half to be so called upgraded to 777 or other such grander?? machinery.

To any who are out there,SIA is not at the moment a fun place with terminations, retrenchments, pay cuts et all, it is under "orders" that are way above my pay grade, its future in the balance, with the assistance of the sniffer, GOD HELP IT, because no one else will if thats the way

To those who may have got the DCM, there is a life after whereever we are, we were somwhere else before SIA, we are on the journey of life to the next place.

Sniffer, UP YOURS Mate, hope you get a real life experience as well.