PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - another 737 QRH question!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2001, 19:53
stator vane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i must have mis-typed something along the way!

when i read the fine print, in the engine fire, severe taxation damage, or divorce and separation cheekylist,

my version includes "and/or abnormal engine indications has occured"

you do the list of items and if the fire switch is still illuminated-fire the bottle.

the engine limit/surge/stall also has quote, "engine RPM or EGT indications are abnormal, approaching or exceeding limits"

the engine overtemperature during takeoff or inflight-which would only exclude taxing or parking, says quote

"EGT has exceeded limits" which to my poor mind seems to fit with the other abnormal indications, approaching or exceeding.

and as to the rudder, which ever checklist you do, the only difference is the yaw damper is by memory or not.

maybe i am not expressing myself clearly to the thread readers.

seems to be some over kill in the checklists.

and you put the real situation in flight after a long day or night and you have the makings for a wrong checklist, but at least due to Boeings overlapping, if you say the word "rudder", you will eventually get to the right checklist, or say the word "engine" you will find your way to the end of the tunnel.

still better than an airbus!!!

so thanks to all your responses, i may have discovered my own answer-duplicate the checklists so that ANY pilot will eventually get the key switches off before he and all his passengers bite the greasy bag.

[ 03 September 2001: Message edited by: stator vane ]

[ 03 September 2001: Message edited by: stator vane ]