PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Average" hours
Thread: "Average" hours
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2003, 16:04
footlock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finished 2 weeks ago and i did it in 88 hrs. I started last Oct and it was mean't to be full time . The weather wiped out Oct,Nov,Dec and some of Jan.It was a very frustrating time ,i nearly opted to go abroad but read an article from the british heli association ,see there web page. If i remember rightly ,it was advising on the pro's and cons of training abroad.Thus i completed in the U.K.
The reason it took me so long was that i created a sort of phobea that made me not trust the flown heading .I wanted to know exactly where i was all the time in ref to the map. My instructor must of been banging his head every morning when he got up .no not him today !!!The problem was that i could fly really well but could not navigate ..
Well ,all done and dusted now ,going flying today.i'm going to enjoy summer flying and then do commercial module over winter.Weather will play a major factor on your training.
Never posted here before but read articles daily.Thanks for sharing your experiences to a beginner.
Good luck Bones - its worth it !