PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Networks Fokker 100's!!
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2016, 01:44
Hoofharted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
due to a mass exodus to the sandpit?
1 captain has left for the sandpit, 1 captain has left for ANA, 1 captain has left for Virgin, 1 captain has left for VARA.

It's no secret that NAA are doing more and more of Q RPT flying, as the number of punters on each route diminishes due to the end of the "construction phase" up north. Q have openly stated that they are sending more 737's back to the east coast and replacing them with F100's, hence the recruitment drive.

The FO's have been a mixed bag, with most of the "high time" guys (I use this term for both genders) having made the move across to the left. Those that are left do not have the company prescribed minimums to be considered for an upgrade so (right or wrong) the CP has made the decision to recruit externally for DEC's. Unfortunately some of the current FO's only have a hand full of hours to gain before meeting the minimum requirements but will probably miss out due to crappy timing.

To "generalize", the T&C's are probably better than Alliance but worse than VARA or NJS. The biggest issue is the complete lack of rostering stability which is universally detested among the crew. This has been and still is one of the issues blocking the successful negotiation of a new EBA (the CWA is 3 years expired) and I personally can not see a resolution in the immediate future. The money is not great when compared to the aforementioned companies but a loyalty bonus after years 3 & 5 help bump it up a little. Staff travel is good and I believe handled fairly and equitably.

The CP is a good bloke with his heart in the right place, but as is the case in all large organizations (by that I mean the Q group) he is constrained by company policy.

If you are happy where you are then stay. If you are thinking of applying because the grass is greener - it aint and it rarely ever is. That being said, job security appears to be good looking forward and you will fly with a great bunch of guys and gals on a daily basis.

So there it is, I've tried to paint an unbiased picture without my own personal prejudices (and yes there are a number) so those of you considering might be able to make a more informed choice. Good luck.