PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quito, Ecuador questions
View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2000, 07:14
Roadtrip

quid -
Didn't mean to be arrogant, but info in this forum is at best heresay. The proper source would be a company or check airman that has reliable experience there. If you're planning ops into Quito you should approach some Part 121 airlines that already fly there for their professional and proven training programs, policy, and guidance. AAL comes to mind as a company who knows Quito well. You probably want to have Jepps tailor an Eng Out 10-7 page, if required, for you particular needs as well -- more money, unfortunately. I've flown all over the world and Quito to my mind is one of the most challenging airports around. I would also recommend that you get a jumpseat into Quito in your particular type aircraft sometime and see for yourself (preferably during the day so you can see the terrain on the whole approach. Also, while on the ground take a while and watch some airliner landings, with emphasis on TAS over the threshold, touchdown points and braking. Again, sorry for the tone of the previous post.