PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unhelpful NOTAMS
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2003, 21:49
Manwell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Captain Sand Dune,

young NOtimTAMS might be a lazy sod, but for the life of me I can't understand why you'd want to confirm irrefutably that you are an obnoxious, ill-tempered, and thoroughly arrogant old pric

Has someone shot at you recently?

A bit touchy old boy. Get back in your cage.

I actually agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment about bloody useless information from NOTAM. Not just the death by numbers routine, but also the death by a thousand completely useless and trivial pieces of excrement.

Being an old beggar, I'm sure you'll recall the definition of a NOTAM, "Operational information, the timely notification of which is essential to flight operations."

Nowadays, it reads something like; "Information about anything that may be of interest to anyone involved even remotely with the aviation industry." Only in a whole lot more words.

It actually should read, "Complete legally considered information, the timely notification of which may possibly be required to prevent a law suit being brought against any of the government bodies involved in the provision of services to the aviation industry."

Do you have a problem with the fact that the NOTAM system has been trivialised into being nothing more than a waste of paper?
SO DO I.

Can we do anything about it? Probably not. No point worrying about it then, eh?

Relax again.