PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2016, 21:15
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem with the shuttle bus when there is bad traffic jams is that the frequency of the service plummets as all the buses are caught in traffic. This in turn leads to longer passenger queues so not every passenger can get on the first bus that arrives turning the final mile into a nightmare.

When the traffic is really bad the buses often take a different route and use the old way into the airport as the queue length is shorter. To get the the old approach road the buses go through Vauxhalls.

The worst jam I saw last year started at Capability Green when the drop off area was reduced to its present size last August. This year passengers will be up around 25% so the jams will be longer in length and be more frequent throughout the day.

No doubt I am wrong but I take the view that if the contractor employed twice the staff the work would be done in half the time as in recent months there often seems to be a lack of staff working for Whitemountain.

There is of course an instant fix which is to remove the pay barriers at the end of the drop off lanes. With one guy employed to sort out issues when the four barriers don't lift the flow rate through the drop off zone can be painfully slow.

Last edited by LTNman; 9th May 2016 at 21:29.