PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What everyone in the union should know
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2016, 18:18
The Visionary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What everyone in the union should know

I was thinking about negotiations and speaking to some other pilots recently. One of them told me a story. I was a little taken aback but being a cynic decided to research his story. I will keep my opinion to myself other than to say I am a bit concerned. He is in negotiations for us by the way, the person mentioned below. Decide for yourselves. May 31st has a whole new meaning, I think anyway.

US Air impasse could end soon Wolf promises swift response to pilots' suprise offer - tribunedigital-
baltimoresun

In a letter to Gangwal Wednesday, ALPA negotiating committee chairman Chris Beebe accepted a number of conditions sought by the company, including allocating 54 airplanes to US Airways' planned low-cost division, reducing its 7 percent pay increase, modifying a job security proposal and moving toward an agreement for early retirement by 500 pilots.

The union also offered to put 22 percent of the airline into the proposed low-cost division; the company is seeking 28 percent.

jetBlue Hiring - Page 48 - Airline Pilot Central Forums

Captain Chris Beebe (ALPA Vice President of Finance at the time) championed the Jet for Jobs program then later admitted (in his Ford vs. ALPA deposition) to withholding relevant information from the US Air Express pilot group. Captain Beebe possessed information US Air Express would never receive the aircraft promised (beyond those that operated at Mid Atlantic by furloughed US Airways pilots) and failed to disclose this fact to the US Air Express pilot group. Just one of many instances illustrating ALPA’s practice of withholding vital information from an ALPA small carrier pilot group in order to benefit an ALPA mainline pilot group. This conduct was not unlike what Comair pilots were subjected to prior to Comair ceasing operations.