PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad news after GA crash - 2 RAF Pilots
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2016, 18:20
Avtur

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Guys/Girls(Mods),

Can we maybe set a standard on this site for what is and what is not allowed to be posted regarding accidents: This is the Nth post relating to a tragic accident in the 18 years I have been a member of Pprune where someone wants to report/speculate on the cause on an accident/incident, and where someone else immediately wants to restrain or silence them. We all get that the AAIB, NTSB, TSB, et al, are the authority on such findings once known, but this is a rumour network where such conversation, whether wanted or not, is actually quite healthy and provokes conversation and some hard-fact discussion.

Perhaps the Mods could decide once and for all on this topic, as I am now bored of the "stop speculating- wait for the official report" auto-response that seems to be generated within seconds of these postings. Either embargo entirely these posts or allow full discussion. For those who don't like this; there is the choice not to respond to them; and I do get that there are some personal connections (I have several to those previously posted), but have bitten my tongue.

I am not trying to provoke or be insensitive, but just I am just becoming bored with this regular automatic response to any incident that is broadcast on this site. The realist in me however, knows this request will be ignored/ridiculed and I will continue to be bored by the same arguments going forward.

Had to say this; sorry!