PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B787 - LGW based
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2016, 08:06
McNugget

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by M.H.
Since I am an American pilot I will only say that for the incredibly low pay and a training bond, how can any of you be even considering this horrible deal at NAI? At the company I work for at 8 years seniority I take-home about 14,000 Euro a month. And I work for about 20% less than some of the other airlines. In addition I have 18+ days off monthly, unlimited travel, retirement and profit-sharing about 35,000 Euro yearly.
Why is it that you all seem to value your skills and knowledge so little as to crawl over to NAI to fly internationally on a widebody for what my copilot on an A320 makes? I must be seriously missing some great benefit or extra pay that has not been mentioned yet. PLEASE tell me why you are even thinking about calling Rishworth?
I guess I don't understand how flying in Europe works. I'm not trying flame anyone or brag, I just don't understand.
Because, the industry in the Europe is in the toilet. Just like it was in the US for a long time, just few short years ago.

It's easy to succumb to a bit of tall poppy syndrome, until you realise that it's swings and roundabouts.

Exchange rates are also subject to change. Your legacy guys with 35+ years seniority were hovering around $200/hr. 100,000GBP a year, or 115,000 Euros at the time. It was the laughing stock of the developed world's aviation market.

It comes and goes, and while I'm not for a moment defending this hideous contract, it's just a manifestation of the current market forces in the EU. As was the joke of a decade in the US.