PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AHIA - CASA/Industry working groups
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2016, 01:24
robsrich

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Are we lawful?

These comments are private in nature; AHIA will provide a Media Release after the pending meeting at Tamworth.

But as history shows, the AHIA has advised members not to submit applications to new rules because the most troublesome Part 61 still cannot be used to apply for or roll over to the new system. In other words, CASA appears not to have internal guide lines to process 141 and 142 applications.

Look at schools who have been knocked back?

CASA is trying hard to help us by issuing a guide to help us write all the things for a non-complex school; or transition to one. re: Part 141 Guide.

SO ......... what happens when you download the well meant documentation?

You have to refer to Part 61 Flight Crew Licensing - I tried the Com Law site. When finally found it said it was superseded or suspended or similar.

Next step, check out the MOS. Good news there is a current version dated 13 August 2014?????

But what has happened to the feedback we have given to Standards Branch during the two and half years of road shows, committees, surveys, media reports, association submissions and working groups with their joint submissions to fix the MOS.

Request: Please prove me wrong! Is Part 61 legislation current or are we lawless?

How does a new school or one in transition find an updated version of the MOS.

If my searching of the CASA and Com Law sites is in error - please point me in the right direction.

Are others having this problem? Speak up!

Private comment by Rob Rich