PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hilarious RT procedures in the states
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2003, 19:44
My names Turkish
Before "Ze Germans" get here

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree on this post that you were tempted into it though.]
But, to Turkish, who in a very reasoned manner suggested that it was the Amerikans that started this slagging match, I refer you to the original post.
I never said that the first comment was reasonable, but you would have been better off to ignore the bit you thought to be sarcastic and rather than stoop to a lower level, make your point properly and win the argument like an adult.

The point I was trying to make was that on some threads there are some guys from the U.S who act like such morons. They think that using patriotism is an excuse for acting like rednecks. There was a thread where a guy asked a reasonable question about moving to Europe fro example. He wasnt complaining about the states, just said he needed a change. Comments such as "We dont need you" "Dont let your door hit you in the butt on the way out" and other such moronic comments. I just havent seen that sort of attitude in any other country and it amuses and intrests me.

The US vs UK rt thing is one of those little rivalries that will always be there. I think its a big shock for people to come from the strict and uniform procedures of the U.K to the more relaxed and less standard. There are some things that they could do better though. They have a high rate of runway incursion here in the U.S. In the UK you have to get a clearance to cross ANY runway, inactive or not. This is a better procedure than in the U.S and leads to less mistakes. But for some reason they wont introduce it in the U.S. As regards people chatting, I think there is a time and a place. Certainly not during the day. Imagine someone with an engine failure waiting to key the mike to make a Mayday call, and Berts telling frank about his Hash browns. Having a nice chat with controllers late at night when the freq is quiet is enjoyable. Its good to know that they are only human too.