PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hilarious RT procedures in the states
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2003, 04:57
Seba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The US controllers must be doing something right. According to ACI, In terms of operations in the preceeding 12 months leading up to March,03, 9 of the 10 busiest airports in the world are in the US. Of the top 30, 24 are in the US. The only non US airport to crack the top 10? sorry its in France, CDG at number 6. LHR comes in at number 13
I'm sorry, but LHR only has two runways, 1 for TO and 1for landings, wich means 2,5 nm spacing on final for 1 runway,4 holds stacked up and often not enough staff, so actually you guys in the U.S get a lot of more luxury with your LAX and ATL,DTW,... with four runways. Not to say your job is much easier, but you gotta tell the facts.

[quoteMy final point which really reall irks me. I think some who live in the U.K underestimate how patriotic they are here in the U.S As a guest in their country I have quickly realized that to express an opinion that does not conform with the Masses is very unpopular indeed. For example to disagree with the War is almost a crime. Isint that what th U.S is about? Freedom of speech and opinion? Its the reason why, on threads such as these when someone has the "audacity" to suggest that there is room for improvement in some area of flying in the U.S, all the members from this side of the pond feel that its there patriotic duty to jump in and get all aggresive. Grow up guys. If you want to have a shouting match go elsewhere,cant you have the maturity to argue the post with intelligent comments and not insults. I can show you countless examples of childish remarks if need be.I agree on this post that you were tempted into it though.]
Well, I'm a European who likes the U.S. really a lot, but these are some wise words, now if only the Americans would understand them