PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2016, 16:16
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not much going on with the dueling outside the CTA, thus the lack of any photos in recent weeks, just a wide avenue of flattened mud as the last signs of the modular drainage has been covered up.

Work continues at a slow pace on the new road to the fire station, again not worthy of a photo yet.

I will provide a photo next week of Signature, as it continues to be clad but there are still quite a few holes in the structure. Signature is meant to open in November.

Agree it is not a great experience for passengers at the moment as it really is a case of whatever direction you choose to look there is some sort of building work taking place as there are cranes, diggers and contractors crawling around everywhere.

The airport might be spending £110 million but there are signs of skimping on materials. The off-the-shelf walkway from the terminal, as seen at Tesco's is a good example and is nothing like the classy artist impressions. I think the best description when it is all finished will be adequate and basic rather than luxury but Luton is not going for the higher market.

I think the defining image of Luton will be how the new canopy looks. I fear it might end up looking like an enormous bus shelter rather than the curved elegant structure they have depicted in their press releases.

Last edited by LTNman; 22nd Apr 2016 at 16:54.