PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hilarious RT procedures in the states
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2003, 21:39
My names Turkish
Before "Ze Germans" get here

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunatly, due to maintainence on the site, the search engine is down. I was trying to reference some similar threads on this topic. There are some better threads on this that didnt digress into such silly silly "Lets have a go at the U.S" ****e, for want of a better word.

In the U.S standard R.T is not given the same emphasis as it is in the U.K. On the whole I find it to be more user friendly and generally conforms to the attitude towards flying over here. They make it a lot easier to just get on with it and not get bogged down with loads of extra complications as I feel they sometimes do in the U.K. I like to use proper R.T as I feel its an extra margin of safety. There have been accidents due to confusion, I dare someone to stand up and say theres not. So why would you not use it? For example, at my local field the Controllers brought in a new phrase "Position and hold". So picture me holding short and they say that. Does it mean stay in my position or position myself on the runway. It would be so stupid to have an accident over something which would be sorted by using a standard phrase.

Another point to note is that Europe still has a higher accident rate then the U.S

My final point which really reall irks me. I think some who live in the U.K underestimate how patriotic they are here in the U.S As a guest in their country I have quickly realized that to express an opinion that does not conform with the Masses is very unpopular indeed. For example to disagree with the War is almost a crime. Isint that what th U.S is about? Freedom of speech and opinion? Its the reason why, on threads such as these when someone has the "audacity" to suggest that there is room for improvement in some area of flying in the U.S, all the members from this side of the pond feel that its there patriotic duty to jump in and get all aggresive. Grow up guys. If you want to have a shouting match go elsewhere,cant you have the maturity to argue the post with intelligent comments and not insults. I can show you countless examples of childish remarks if need be.I agree on this post that you were tempted into it though.

( Having lit the fuse, he stands well back)