PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hilarious RT procedures in the states
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2003, 16:40
TRF4EVR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, pardon. I thought you were just winding us up, but if it was a serious question, please accept my unreserved apologies.

Allow me to make a humble attempt at answering your very earnest queries.

In order:

Can anyone explain to me why they have no discipline on the RT procedures in the states?
Becuase we all have bad "attitudes". Not just about jackoff foreigners cloaking their petty insults (towards the aviation system in which they inexplicably chose to learn) in the form of "questions". But also towards kittens, puppies, downtrodden foreigners, etc.

Every tower seems to adapt its own practice and it's not unusal that you hear pilots chatting with the tower!
Not really a question, but let's "give it a go" as you limeys would say.

Imagine, daring to communicate with the proletariat in the tower. Next thing you know, you're going to find the mechanics walking fewer than ten steps behind.

First of all, you would probably be unemployed if it wasn't for all traffic made by European pilots, secondly and thankfully, I am back home!
Erm, yeah, well, once again, not really a question. But here we go. Seeing as how my job is teaching people to fly Cessnas and unfortunately I'm not gifted enough to make it at a "300-hour wonder" pilot factory for disaffected Europeans, I'm having a hard time figuring out how my job is in jeoparady from the (admittedly humiliating) hypothetical loss of blowhards such as yourself. But that's probably just my "aw-shucks" backwoods lack of sophistication speaking.

secondly and thankfully, I am back home!
Hurry back.

I'm flying helicopters so I'm mostly speaking about smaller general aviation airports.
Ah, a Robinson Captain. Neat. If you ever consider changing to fixed wing, I'm sure you've got a career ahead of you at BA.

What about you guys in the towers; is it easier to become a tower-man in the states?
Like, me, the vast majority of silly provincial "tower-men" in the states probably haven't been boning up on the requirements to become an ATCO in the "big league" model of efficency that is the EU. Suffice it to say, though, that I'm sure the requirments are much greater over there, just like everything else.

Go suck a lemon. Or for those of you that prefer the King's English "get stuffed".