PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2016, 16:25
AvGeek1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The new modern walk through duty free also opened today, as announce on the airport's Twitter page. Things are really looking up for the airport and I hope it does so it can change it's reputation of being named the worst airport in the UK for several years running. The new rail link to Luton Parkway will be a massive advantage and let's hope it stops at the car parks as well to improve the connectivity even more.

Here is the link to the tweet showing a picture of a part of the new duty free: https://twitter.com/LDNLutonAirport/...40174264426497

I personally think that next Luton should be thinking about how they are going to deal with potentially dealing with 18 million passengers in no time at all the way the airport is growing at the moment. What other options to they have in creating extra terminal space and also extra stands for aircraft? We have already had the discussion about the demolition of hangar 89, to create either more terminal,CTA space or even more apron space.

This question may have been mentioned before, but is Luton's runway capable of handling a 787 to the likes of Orlando or Cancun. If it isn't, how much would the runway need to be extended? I could see on the long-haul side, Thomson adding holiday routes but also El Al operating more wide body flights. Where else could Luton grow in long-haul?