PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest EK Senior mngmt outreach...
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2016, 19:32
speed2height

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by InnocentBystander
So now the COO reaches out to everyone in a desperate attempt to finally get a handle on his operation and is begging for his minions to talk to him as his middle management obviously has failed miserably to give him a realistic picture of his responsibility.

Few observations:

- He is obviously unqualified to be in his job (We already knew this)
- Feedback from 20 cabin crew and 20 pilots initiated enough panic in him to reach out and solicit more feedback
- He is absolutely clueless as to what is going on and how to fix it. Any other corporation in the world would form an exploration committee and hire an outside consultancy. But since "we" can't do that (i.e. admit incompetency) we just ask our own people for advice...

Funnily enough the third point is the exact same thing CPB and CPA and SVPF have done in the past. The level of incompetence of our senior Flight Ops & Service Delivery Management is mind boggling.
I think you were reading that situation wrong. The meeting with 20 Pilots and 20 Cabin Crew was most likely a fact finding endeavor of possible excuses why AAR was not responsible for the current manning crisis of operational crew. The email address was again an opportunity to provide any information that might get him off the hook for the obvious commercial consequence of not investing in maintaining the business or its people.

I highly recommend AAR reads a management textbook written by Dr Suess called the Lorax. It is cautionary tale about reaping without sowing.