PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2016, 20:39
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
However irrelevant of any of the above comments, this weekend just gone there were many cancellations to train services to Luton caused by 'no driver available' this is becoming a major problem with the Thameslink operator namely Govia and needs or requires the intervention of the airport management with a matter of urgency!
One of the reasons for cancellations is that it is very expensive to train a driver so companies like Govia rely on train drivers willing to work overtime. When they don't there is no slack in the system for them to be replaced.

Cancellations seem random in nature. On some nights every overnight train runs yet on other nights many of them are cancelled and replaced by buses. If I was a passenger traveling to the airport for an early departure I would not be trusting the train service that's for sure.

Govia who have held the franchise for I guess under a year and promised the earth have failed to deliver and have taken the rail service to a new low. Fines need to be levied for cancelled trains to focus the minds at those running the company.