PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS recruiting controllers externally?
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2016, 17:40
Lissart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, just for fun let's speculate on what profile they are looking for at SS. No NATS staff, so that rules out experience at the bigger airports. Unless there are ex-NATS staff out there who for whatever reason are no longer in the job but all-of-a-sudden fancy getting back in. GA units? One would hardly credit it. So someone from a larger non-NATS place - Liverpool/Donni/Newcastle etc. Probably a better bet. Or they could take someone who has had mostly just ADV experience, nothing bigger than a KingAir, no APP unit to co-ordinate with, sod all IFR/airways work, no LVP's much, no Wake Turbulence departures - I could go on. Why de I mention that? Because a certain ex-NATS single rwy, well known airport in the SE has just employed someone with that profile......

Now please forgive the bitterness (not really...) as I wish the person concerned all the very best. And at the end of the day if there is a successful validation out of it then one cannot possible moan. The choice of what must have simply been based on "raw talent" will have been justified, as the profile does not immediately look like a good match. So what do employers see and want in these HR-driven days? We've all supposedly got the same licences, which now extends to our European colleagues. What about one of them then?

I'd welcome your thoughts because from what I've seen of late it is all a bit of a mystery.......!