PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - De Havilland Comet C2 "Sagittarius" XK699
Old 19th Jul 2003, 13:21
DrSyn

Man of the Marsh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Correction

Having made a few calls after this thread went rather quiet , I have a correction to my above post. I got in touch with The Museum and they also were uncertain initially about 699's ownership. I have now been assured that she was only loaned to the RAFMRC by the RAF Historic Collection (DLO - RAF Wyton) who remain the true owners.

If you are still following the thread you started, country calls, email or PM me and I will pass on the name and number you should call for further info, as they are not directly in the public domain. If you have already contacted the "owners" successfully, and have everything in hand, perhaps you could make a suitable post here to that effect and I'll get back to preserving locos!

However, I am sure there are many (497 views now) who would be interested to follow the progress of the Comet, as she is going to need TLC long before, and if, Lyneham winds down.

Lukeafb1, interesting info. I expect the 51 Sqn history would reveal which, if any, airframes went directly to your unit and which were handed on. I only remember that they were still around during my early service and quite a thrill to see in action, for those of us who appreciated that sort of thing.