PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA & CHTR - Please Read
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2016, 07:49
Hasherucf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hashercuf; Re the stall vane, could you have written in up as a general electrical snag and repaired it IAW Standard Prac's? Not having a dig, genuinely interested.
It is a component and I have no testing procedure or IPC to find correct parts. So in 145 I have to send it to a repair station with that capability. Many repair stations refuse work based on the fact they don't have a manual.If i was out in the sticks in a car30 organisation sure the diode would magically change. That is where the value of a good Lame comes from . I measure my performance in money I can save the customer with a can do attitude. That is discouraged in a 145 company.

When writing up a defect in CAR30 I would write something like;
Taxi lamp U/S - Lamp replaced , Tested satis

In Part 145;
Taxi lamp U/S - Gained access to Taxi lamp . Replaced IAW Cessna 402 AMM PN; 12334-54545 Rev4 ATA chapter 33-50-00. Test satisfactory P/N; GE456 GRN;123455 . Plus any test equipment you use....

In GA CAR30 you are discouraged to write anything too long as 'its rope to hang yourself'. In 145 you cant do anything without a reference, which makes it hard if you don't have valid up to date manuals

Manuals are another huge annual cost in CAR30 and 145 .With auditors wanting to see your subscriptions. Companies like ATP love it.