PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aeromexico lands at wrong airport
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2016, 10:27
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is reasonable to assume that this crew had this airport in their performance book (or laptop etc.). If not, I'll agree this data can take ages to obtain. As for quick turnaround and braking cooling factors, I haven't a clue. I don't fly this aircraft therefore they may or may not be a factors. I'm also clueless about flight planning rules in Mexico. So it's fair to say, I don't know much. I am not in possession of all the facts. I'll also not be told about the other niff-naff and pointless trivia that some people think is so necessary for flight. Yes, I know what we need.

So without facts, how can anybody possibility come to the conclusion that this crew should be fired? So my initial annoyance was the "hang'em high" vigilante squad attitude expressed by some posters who had the same lack of information as I had. Furthermore, as I said above, if you want to run an unsafe operation, the quickest and surest way to do so is starve yourself of information and especially bad news. You achieve that by punishing staff who appear to have made an error.

So with that in mind, who do you want to fly with? The airline with the squeaky clean flight safety history and a record of harsh staff treatment or the one with a more interesting history and more humane staff treatment? I certainly know which airlines I'd like my mother-in-law to fly on.

PM

ps. And on what little information we have, probably not the soundest of judgement calls. But I wasn't there.