PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2016, 03:25
EK77WNCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Be interesting to see if anything comes of Mexico and Barbados especially re TCX, would be nice to see long haul from them. Still 3 A/C for S17 though I assume, all growth coming from decreases in Turkey and Egypt. I'm very happy about Almeria though, I was wondering if Jet2 would go for it or not but glad someone has, it's a pretty safe yet relatively niche destination and I hope it'll do well for them, most importantly though, it's NOT currently served! Very unusual to see a NEW route! I thought the airlines were only out there to steal eachother's market share, dump capacity and destroy margins

Couple of rumours flying about, long haul from TCX, Cape Verde and more from Thomson, although I reckon Costa Rica, Aruba, Thailand, Mauritius are a server error

Feasibly I'd say TCX could come in on Cancun and not effect TOM too much (year round mabe?), as well as Barbados as TOM is only cruise traffic. TOM long haul I think Puerto Vallarta, Cuba and Dominican could be sustained, Jamaica might be too much scheduled, probably best just sticking to cruise traffic. Didn't Mr Laws say he'd love to see Las Vegas charters as one of his personal goals though?

Widebodies on short haul would be nice to see slow and steady wins the race though... NCL is certainly taking it slow, but they're making money and doing it sustainably which is what's important.

Early yet but I'd set viable 2017 goals as:
- Return of United, maybe daily March-October
- Emirates 2nd daily from 1st September
- City routes from Ryanair, and maybe announcement of a base W17/S18
- Long haul from Thomas cook (if these rumours are to be believed), maybe LAS charter too?
- Something new or exciting from Thomson, Cape Verde/Morocco/Pacific Mexico/Dominican (again)
- A/C 8 from Jet2

Personal wishlist, however unlikely:
- Turkish 4/5 weekly to Istanbul on an A32x/737
- A/C 4 from Easyjet, new routes i.e Milan, Munich, Berlin, Mykonos, Catania, Venice
- STN from Ryanair
- Another loco, specifically Wizzair, I'm determined they'll come at some point and regret not doing it earlier!
- A/C 4 from TOM and or TCX

Eurowings going CRJ-A32x leaves only SAS with the CRJ's, any chance they might go 737 or something? 736 was in the other day and CPH is profitable by all accounts, would they consider Oslo? A greater Star Alliance presence at NCL would probably help a lot of Star airlines along a little bit, but we lack a link to their main hub (Frankfurt) so there's little hope there until Frankfurt comes on line... Which looks like probably never

That's all my thought processes exhausted! Now to wait and see how much (or little, as history has taught us) of this materialises