PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2016, 23:11
NukeHunt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why do you say that? Did they specially say you failed due to that?
It was one of the items they brought up in my feedback.

The 10 mins time for you to get used to the Sim is totally unassessed. You are not secretly being monitored at this point. BA is such a large and prominent employer in this industry and is so paranoid about bad press, that all recruitment follows a strict well defined framework. This ensures no allegations of discrimination of any sort.

The same also applies for internal applications which are as long winded and laborious as external applications.
As above, one of the items discussed as a fail point in my feedback occurred during the 10 min unassessed practice, if what you say were entirely true, then surely it shouldn't have been brought up?

I felt the sim process was very open, and the radar circuit was unassessed. However, given that the assessor was in all likelihood giving you handling feedback during and after your circuit, I believe that your ability to incorporate that feedback into your assessment sectors WAS assessed given that trainability was one of the three key areas I was told were under assessment.
Yes he did give feed back after the circuit was over, and I did not make the same mistake again, which is why I was surprised it was brought up as a fail item during the feedback call.

I was pleased to get that far at my first ever attempt, and from what I hear, it's quite rare to get that far, let alone get a job offer at the first go, so I've just got to take it on the chin and try again when I can.