PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 6
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2016, 18:26
P330

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: CO

Ok, maybe a little harsh. The refurb area is a vast improvement on what it was and is pretty acceptable I'd say. However, the check in, security, main seating areas away from the refurb, the arrivals area, passport control, luggage belt and general WC facilities are a dump. An airport is a representative of the region and I am sometimes embarrassed at taking new people, particularly foreign people, through the airport who are about to experience Teesside and its business. Maybe there are cynics who say it is a perfect representation of our region.....

Anyway, that minor point aside, as a traveller who wants to get from A to B and spend as little time in an airport as possible it works well. Going to use it for a family KLM trip to Europe later this month; the price of which and convenience of which beats the low cost operators up the road. I wonder how many people in Teesside looking for a city break check out KLM before they try Ryanair and Easyjet?

Only downside is, my kids will want an airport experience and I'll have them there 50 minutes before departure to avoid it.....