PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ascent UK MFTS
Thread: Ascent UK MFTS
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2016, 09:30
Background Noise

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BEagle
70 miles is still way too far for a daily commute, surely? But now that there's a decent road, possibly do-able.

It did amuse me when Ascent was advertising some post based in Bristol, which required 'regular' visits to Valley - I could imagine people beating a path to their door. Not!
It used to take 45 minutes to get off the island! And why do you think Ascent is based in Bristol rather than Valley!

Not saying I'd love it, but as a LTD, from the future retirement pad in Chester I could see it working. Probably less time on the road than a 20 mile commute into London (but not for me either).

I enjoyed my student time there. There was loads of flying, great continuity, my dick wasn't leading me to N Yorkshire every weekend - and I did relatively well on the course. For those who couldn't wait for the Friday afternoon getaway, or who had a hard time on the course I can see it not being in their bag of favourite paces.

I enjoyed my (first) instructional time there too. The area is spectacular, the flying was great, the kids were young enough not to worry about a 3-year hiccup in their secondary education.

I just can't see them attracting the right calibre of folk - unless they pay LARGE amounts of cash, much like they do in other well known 'less desirable' flying training locations.