PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ascent UK MFTS
Thread: Ascent UK MFTS
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2016, 09:11
Bob Viking

Received 553 Likes on 151 Posts
Deliverance

All I'm saying is stop and think about it. Was the hatred you felt any different from that which could be experienced anywhere else? You know what us pilot types are like. Turning up in an area with our flash cars and bottomless wallets (I wish) and stealing all the local girls. I know of more people getting beaten up in the Sleaford/Lincoln area for this kind of behaviour than I have ever heard of at Valley.

There are usually two sides to every story. I'm English through and through but have probably gone native more than most. My wife is from N Wales. Two of our kids were born here. My wife's family and friends have always been very welcoming and I have never felt any angst from anyone. I believed all the crap when I arrived at Valley in 2002 but once I opened my eyes a little I found it was all untrue.

Too many people believe the lies and also base their views on what it was like before the dual carriageway was built. If you haven't been here for a while then trust me. It's changed. I for one wouldn't choose anywhere else to be based in the UK. Each to their own.

BEagle. The matter of getting civilians to work here though is clearly another matter. Thankfully it's not my problem.

BV