PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Renting aircraft abroad in Europe as PPL
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2016, 21:52
sapperkenno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having read some of your other posts, I am building a picture of someone living near London, who did a PPL in Inverness, who lacks confidence in flying around their local area... Nothing wrong with that at all, but I feel someone who has done their research, with a genuine passion for this flying lark wouldn't be on here asking these sorts of questions. Money can't be a major issue if there's a consideration to go abroad, when travelling can be expensive. So it can't be the cost that's putting you off in the UK.
Up north we knock out C150/152 at £100/hour wet, with no home landing fees. 8 hours you could have done over a weekend, so I don't understand the panic to get done by June. I know other PPL holding hour builders who will have done close to 80 hours by the time June comes around! I found that part quite amusing, also the fact you've around 60 hours of flying in the UK and now it bores you. I spoiled myself flying 200 odd hours in the States, over the Grand Canyon and all that, but have never had a boring day's flying over the other 1400 hours I've done over the years here in the UK.
I would be more than willing to help - as an instructor it would be nice to inject some fun into your flying, and build your confidence so you don't feel the need to run off abroad and avoid getting to grips with flying here! Yorkshire isn't all that bad in the scenery department either.

I may be completely wrong, and don't mean any offence by what I've written! Keep us posted.