PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 6
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2016, 22:13
Cautious Optimist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SWBKCB

never been happy with this "asset-rich and not necessarily cash-rich" argument.
I'm just speculating on this, it's the one and only part of my previous post I'm not absolutely 100% certain on.

This is a novel argument which I'm not sure I follow - LBA is privately owned and NCL 50% privately owned, but local/national government won't let them fail? How is debt a problem if you can service it?
For some reason I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at, but I feel like my response should be "but they aren't servicing it?"

So the south side development, which is supposed to be just for aviation related use, is going to have no impact on the operation of the airport?
Whilst the south side will be largely aviation related use Peel have nowhere in the masterplan specified it will be exclusively aviation related use? In any event, this will be the catalyst for the growth I mentioned.

Hadn't Thomson had just doubled the number of flights and BGH had also just re-introduced flights before being told to do one mid-season. Bit of an abrupt change of direction from DTVA. Also, I've still not seen how a B.738 in the middle of the week to Palma loses money but an EMB to Jersey in the middle of a Saturday afternoon is OK?
I really don't know how to explain the whole charter flight thing any better, so all I can do is reiterate that there is very good reason for it. At the end of the day, axing the flights did exactly what it was meant to - halved the annual loss, now if there was profit to be made, axing flights and losing passengers would grow a loss, not shrink it!

Onion

lack or little investment even though promised
Once again, answered conclusively on here countless times (fair enough, the answer is not very well liked, not even by me, but it's a fact nonetheless).

development fee!
Something several airports do, not exclusive to us, and still a damn sight cheaper than making the journey up or down the road. (Again - I don't like it any more than anyone else - but I accept it and was more than happy to pay it back in January).

If any of you knew how this god awful company has treats/treated the employees
I'm well aware of this, I've even had my own clashes with them and no doubt will again in future. I'm not going to put up too much of a defence here.

if Peel hadn't got involved
We'd have shut ten years ago.

I welcome any posts that challenge my own, but up to now my previous post still stands. The problem is, a lot of the posts on here are by people who do not wish to listen, their minds are already made up no matter how much fact and logic you throw at them.

I know it's hated when people say "watch this space" or "I know something but can't say" and they usually get shot down in flames (and probably rightly so) but I'm aware of a couple of efforts they've made recently (fair enough they may prove fruitless) but if they had any ill intention, they simply would not have gone to the trouble of doing what they recently have. All I can do is give you my word on that, at the end of the day, I'm no liar!!