PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 6
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2016, 18:55
onion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry to say this but while Peel or some odd off shoot of Peel are in control the place isn't going to prosper as an airport or even an airfield!
If any of you knew how this god awful company has treats/treated the employees, your support for them would disappear overnight.
They had a viable business that they have run into the ground by putting restrictions on growth ie.
The lack of fire cover, (basically telling Thomson to sling their hook), lack or little investment even though promised, forcing staff out which reduced morale, development fee!, stupid development plans that they change every 5 minutes, forcing local councils hands (I know the council's are as much to blame) and the list can go on.
People just look at the place and think it a joke.
Yes I give you the economic down turn but this can not and does not account for the situation.
I'm sorry guys but Peel have no interest in the place as an airport. I realistic I'm not advocating a place that competes with NCL or LBA but it could, should and can be a lot more than what it is now if Peel hadn't got involved.