PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Well? Any news from the AAR Meeting?
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2016, 17:56
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Don. I would not be surprised though if there's a FCI or some SOP change to come out of this event, maybe even a software change from our French cousins.

It just seems absolutely ridiculous, a farce almost, that this 'super' plane with over 500 pax diverted from a runway 10,000 ft in length that wasn't even contaminated. If there was a significant tail wind, change bloody runways! Is the performance REALLY that limiting on this big bird? Or, have we reached a stage in our careers where we know, hand on heart, that the aircraft will do it but the computer is saying no and our VPNC is saying no. He's saying no because he does not have the technical knowledge and, as Kipper has eluded too, operates in a non Just culture with little or no support when the chips are down.

Which is why I guess we're still reminded on CRM courses of Airmanship, suspicion and resilience. How much of those traits were evident in this event will become clear when the investigation is complete.....but I for one am not holding my breath.

Harry

Last edited by harry the cod; 28th Mar 2016 at 01:17. Reason: Removal of an individual's initials.