PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Women in Aviation
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2003, 00:54
Pink_aviator

PINKS WORLD THROUGH ROSE COLOURED SPECS

Location: Happy and content again back in the house on the beach ,baking on the AGA and flying around my highland home . emmmmmmmm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop

West wind,,a great start,and some provocative comments.
I personaly ,hav't met with any predudice,but i have only been flying since easter.

I must be odd but i do not actually mind being in a minority,in a male dominated field.

I am not competing with them ,to be better,to try and get higher exam marks or even superior plane handleing skills.

I just want to prove to myself that i can achieve ,the seemingly difficult operations, that have to be aquired and remembered inorder to be a safe and consistent piolt.

I do how ever get a buzz if i answer a question right ,before a man, a secret smug feeling ,that girls are great to.
I am actually a whole load of contradictions about what i want men to be and women to be, but as time goes on and i have had to do "male " things, i realise that I can do them and men shouldn't have always been puton a pedastool,by me .

I'LL stop and think for a while as i'm not very good at putting together constructive aurgument,and am likley to say something contrevertial.

I just wanted to add my support for your thread WEST WING,
and thought WHIRLYBIRD, made some good points.

I've just remembered,I heard one man had said about me (behind my back ofcourse)
That i was not suitably dressed for flying,
ummp, well i dress as i feel comfortable,it is different sometimes and excentric,but thats me ,and i do not need to pretend i'm something i'm not.

PINK-AVIATOR