PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC / CAE Oxford
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2016, 13:37
Rottweiler22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I'm in the exact same situation as you Theo! We may have met at the Easyjet MPL.

I'm very, very tempted to apply for CTC too, but having to do the aptitude tests, group tasks and interviews again is putting me off, plus there's the £250 fee for that. It's £250 and two days-off work to get to the same stage I'm with at CAE.

The last time I was at CAE, I spoke with their graduate services man, and he was saying that 98% of their graduates will get a placement, but he did emphasise that you have to get over 90% in all of your exams to quickly get a job. What I think he was trying to say was that it should be a joint-effort between the trainee and the school, not for someone to under-perform and hide behind the name of the school, expecting to get a job.

I think you need to consider who you talk to about employment opportunities. A top student with the best marks, who lands a job straight-away, is bound to have a different opinion about a school to someone who scrapes-through with a few resits, and has to wait two years for an interview.

I have my Class 1 medical next week, so if I pass I might just apply to CTC too, it's worth a try

Good luck, and we may bump into each other!