PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Women in Aviation
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2003, 23:29
flower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<preparing to be dive-bombed>

Could it be the lack of understanding of the male of the species sene of humour that make some suspect they are being discriminated against. Having always worked in male dominated occupations I find that often an affectionate joke to them may be seen by some women as insulting where there was never meant to be an insult.

As for not seeing discrimination simply because you don't get it , I disagree . I would immediately see if someone was being sexist , or racist etc.

Can I ask if those figures for women commercial pilots are world-wide as there seem to be a lot more in the cockpit than just 3%.

I am sure we will see more and more coming through , girls in schools now realise that nothing can stop them if they want something.

If we stop doing something as well because we can't take the heat of banter at a flying club then we have ourselves to blame. I always find joining in makes it so much more fun.
Ok i'm a fairly confident person so maybe that is easier for me to do than others but I think if you were to ask any man they probably get something similar happen to them when they first join the flying club.