PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The End of the AEO
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2003, 21:48
Phoney Tony

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL

Ref

(Aeo's rode the coat tails of the O aircrew review, so dont get me started on your paid what your worth as chocolate fireguards aint worth that much out here anyhow)

I know as a branch we have some dead wood but so does the AEOp world. If you wish me to quote names I can.

The AEO branch is very small and as such was not given the full amount of scrutiny it probable deserved.

The MR2 force has many very good AEOs serving as captains and, I am sure you are aware, others, supporting weaker/ newer captains from other branches.

Looking outside of the MR2 force we have AEOs in the mission commander role on the other Nimrods and in the tactical director role on the E3D. Having seen both in action I can confirm these guys do a great job in direct competition with Navs (Mainly FJ background) and Fighter Controllers (No Comment).

Lump these all together with the other AEOs fulfilling the SENTINEL role….yes there are some already involved, along with those on the GSU (If its still called that), 42 Sqn, 55 Sqn and numerous staff tours at Gp, STC, MoD and PJHQ, and I think the number of bad AEOs would actually be a small number in proportion to the total. Most of the bad AEOs I know are still at Kinloss where they are ‘assisted’ by good AEOps.

Please do not tar us all with the same brush.