PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2016, 21:43
AvGeek1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Falcon666
Just travelled through LTN to CDG for the weekend rugby and thankfully Easy got us back with minimal delay given the French strike.
Couldnt believe how busy the terminal was on Friday afternoon, .Seating is the usual real problem and will certainly only get worse this summer.
Looks like predictions of 1 Million pax in March is a real possibility.
Big downside was the length of time from pushback to airborne.
08 was in use and seven were waiting, nearly all backtracked the full length-really do need to get the parallel taxiway built at that end.
Was impressed with the new security, all lanes open with hundreds of people queueing but only five minutes to get through.
Went to the Bar down by Gates 1-4 for a bit of peace, got talking to the staff there.It appears that the Duty free will eventually be moving to its new location at the old security area by the end of May. Seems this has been delayed at least twice.When they move refurbishments are being carried out to some current retailers inc Starbucks.
All in all the experience was much better than anticipated given all the work going on!!
Yes I have heard from a few family members that the new security is very effective and quick which is a massive improvement on the old security, which was like a cattle market at peak times! I just think they need to tidy it up in the terminal as it looks very basic with temporary walls and signage all over the place. But I guess this will come in due time with the terminal's interior upgrade.

Good to know that the new duty free is to open in May, some progress even thought it is delayed.

I personally think that the check-in area is currently not sufficient as although long, very narrow and needs to be more open planned to allow hoards of passengers. Are there any plans for the check-in area? What is happening to the retail units in the middle between the check-in area and the current entrance/security are?

Also, is there any sign of work starting again on the drop off area in the CTA and will the drop off area in the CTA be finished by June/July?